This easy keto gingerbread chaffle recipe is a great holiday breakfast and the whole family will enjoy this sweet and warm spiced chaffle.
All the warm flavours of gingerbread make this chaffle recipe a quick dessert or sweet low carb breakfast. Best served warm straight from the waffle making, you can also make these gingerbread chaffles ahead and reheat them.
What Is A Chaffle?
If you are new to keto and wonder what a chaffle is, it’s the simple combination of cheese and egg cooked in a waffle maker. A combination of cheese and waffle explains the name! Mozzarella is a popular cheese to use but Cheddar cheese works well too.
Can You Freeze Chaffles?
Yes, you can freeze a chaffle and reheat them in the toaster or toaster oven. Wrap them up in clingfilm or place in a zip lock bag before placing in the freezer.
Can You Make Chaffles Ahead Of Time?
Making a chaffle is quick and easy but you could make a batch beforehand when you want a breakfast in a hurry. Store them in an airtight container and keep in the fridge.
How to Make an Easy Gingerbread Chaffle
The warm spices that give this chaffle recipe a gingerbread flavour are a mix of:
- Ginger, ground
- Nutmeg, ground
- Cinnamon, ground
- Cloves, ground
Add a low carb sweetener to give the chaffle a sweeter taste and you have a delicious chaffle recipe!
OTHER CHAFFLE RECIPES TO ENJOY
Keto Gingerbread Chaffle
- Turn on your waffle maker and lightly grease it (I give it a light spray with olive oil)
- In a bowl, beat the egg.
- Add the mozzarella, almond flour, spices, baking powder and erythritol. Mix well
- Spoon the batter into your waffle maker and evenly spread out. (If you have a smaller waffle maker use half the mixture to make one waffle, then repeat)
- Close the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Using tongs, remove the cooked waffles
- Serve with whipped cream or a cream cheese frosting.