Cauliflower hash browns are a great breakfast dish or even as a light lunch side dish. Or snack on them.
This is a delicious low carb alternative to potatoes using the wonderful cauliflower yet again! I cooked these for breakfast and the only complaint that I got from the Chief Taster was that there was not enough. I used Cheddar cheese, but you could use Mozzarella or Parmesan too.
I do not cook my cauliflower rice beforehand as I like my hash browns with a slight crunch. You could also make these with cooked cauliflower rice. If you do, you may want to omit the egg as the cooked cauliflower will bind with the cheese.
WATCH THE VIDEO
Using Cauliflower Rice
This would be a great way to use any left over cauliflower rice that you may have too! You could add other spices, herbs or chopped peppers too! I like chopped jalapenos for my cauliflower hash browns with a bit of bite. Go crazy and experiment with this!
Other Brunch Recipes
Cauliflower Hash Browns
- 1 Cauliflower small to medium
- ½ Onion
- ¾ cup (85g) Cheddar Cheese (or mix of Mozzarella/Parmesan) grated
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- Rice the cauliflower either in a food processor or grate it.
- Finely chop the onion
- Place the cauliflower in a bowl.
- Add the onion, cheese and garlic powder and stir well. Season to taste.
- Using your hands, form little patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Place the patties in the pan and gently press down with a spatula to flatten.
- Cook on each side until golden.
- Eat and enjoy!