Cute keto strawberry Santa hats are a great Christmas treat. They are a fun gluten free and low carb treat for the family to enjoy.
Strawberries are placed on a cream topped chocolate mini cakes baked with cream cheese. No flour is used so this is also a great nut free low carb treat too.
This is a simple recipe that you could make ahead and then assemble with the children to leave out for Santa. A fun and festive keto treat!
HOW TO MAKE KETO STRAWBERRY SANTA HATS
Make sure your strawberries are ripe and fresh. Sadly, frozen strawberries will not work for this recipe.
The mini chocolate cakes are a mixture of cream cheese, butter, cocoa powder and a low carb sweetener. I use erythritol but the sweetener of your choice will work too. I’ve used this mini flourless cake for mini chocolate mint cakes and they are a quick low carb cake to make.
You can make the chocolate flourless cake can be made ahead, then it’s simply a swirl of whipped cream with a strawberry topping.
For another holiday treat for adults only, try a low carb chocolate rum ball.
OTHER MINI CAKES TO MAKE
Keto Strawberry Santa Hats
- 4 eggs
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder unsweetened
- 3 tablespoons erythritol or any low carb sweetener
- 20 strawberries tops cut off
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F degrees.
- Soften the egg, cream cheese and butter. Mix well.
- Add the cocoa powder and erythritol and blend well.
- Place into greased mini muffin tins and bake for about 15 minutes. The cakes will rise very high and fall, rather like an egg muffin.
- Allow to cool and remove from the tin,
- Whip the cream until thick peaks form.
- Pipe a swirl of whipped cream on top of the chocolate cakes.
- Place the strawberry on the cream and add a dot of cream on the top of the strawberry