A coconut raspberry cheesecake that is low carb and gluten free. I love the flavour combination of coconut and raspberry so thought it’s time I put it in cheesecake form.
Rather than have a big solid cheesecake, I baked mini ones in a mini muffin pan. Great for a packed lunch or a good way to ration the cheesecake rather than cutting a slice that is larger than your hand span! Okay, that’s probably just me and the Chief Taster…
I used walnuts along with almond flour, but you could mix any other nuts into the crust. Pecan might be good too. I wanted the base to have an extra crunch. The Chief Taster still sighs and hankers for the days of when I used to use crushed ginger biscuits to make a cheesecake base. Those days are a distant memory and will remain there. He’s probably got a photo album of cheesecakes in the past. Explains the quiet sobbing behind closed doors. 😉
Coconut goes very well with raspberries. The smooth with the sharp seems to balance each other.
- 3/4 cups (88g) walnuts ground
- 1/2 cup (50g) almond flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted melted
- 1 teaspoon stevia
- 1/4 teaspoon mixed spice
- 2 x 8oz Cream cheese, packets
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut unsweetened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (113g) coconut milk
- 1/4 cup erythritol or sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raspberries lightly crushed
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Lightly oil a mini muffin tray.
- Put the coconut milk and coconut in a bowl and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Mix the dry base ingredients together. Add the butter and combine well.
- Place in the bottom of the muffin tin and press down into each cup.
- Put the tray into the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the coconut mixture and blend well.
- Add the eggs and mix until smooth.
- Add the vanilla essence and erythritol and blend.
- Place the mixture into the muffin tins.
- Swirl the crushed raspberries into the topping. Use a small spoon or a knife to blend gently.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until firm.
- Cool for an hour and then chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Eat and enjoy!