An easy low carb and gluten free cracker made with coconut flour and cheese. So simple that the Chief Taster could even muster up a batch. Well, he could if he knew his way around the kitchen!
These are a nice quick cracker full of fibre and could be flavoured to your own taste. I used dried Oregano and garlic powder but you could use something else…perhaps chilli and cheese? Yum.. As ever, the wonderful coconut flour is used here keeping it low carb, gluten free and full of fibre!
The Mozzarella keeps the cracker moist but you could try to cook them for a bit longer to get a more crispier cracker. I find that when they get a dark brown, they are ideally crispy. However, if they are stored in the fridge overnight they firm up. The only drawback is that they may not last long enough to store overnight.
WATCH THE VIDEO
- 3 Tablespoons (21g) Coconut flour
- 2 Tablespoons (28g) Butter soft
- 1/2 Cup (56g) Mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Mix the coconut flour, salt, garlic, oregano and baking powder.
- Mix in the butter and blend well.
- Add the cheese and water until a dough forms.
- Lay the dough out in between two sheets of parchment paper and roll out to about 1/4 inch thick (thinner if you want it crispier).
- Cut into squares and poke with a fork.
- Place the bottom sheet of parchment paper with the cracker biscuit on it, on a baking tray.
- Bake for 13- 16 minutes until golden and firm.
- Eat and enjoy!