Chia seeds and coconut flour together make a delicious and healthy cracker.
My food affair with chia seeds continues and I needed a cracker to go with the tomato and chia relish.
Go crazy and have a play around with the flavourings when you make this recipe. I used rosemary and garlic but the possibilties with this recipe are endless. Well, not endless but lots of options! The mixture seems strange until you add the boiling water. I was looking at the dry ingredients thinking it would be not enough, then added the boiling water and woosh! The mixture expanded and I had a large ball of dough to play with.
Coconut flour and chia seeds are full of fibre so this will be very healthy for you too. And delicious with some chia relish! Double chia seed delight!
Chia & Coconut Flour Crackers
- 1/2 Cup Coconut flour
- 1/4 Cup Chia Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Seasonings of choice (Optional) I used Rosemary and garlic powder.
- Preheat the oven to 185C/375F degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add the coconut oil and mix well.
- Gradually add the boiling water to the mixture and stir.
- Roll out the dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve