These are a delightful grain free cracker made with courgette (zucchini), almond flour and coconut flour.
Lots of fibre and very filling! I did not bake them to an absolute crisp which gave the cracker a slight soft texture which I preferred. You could cook them a little bit longer if you wanted them very crunchy.
Below is the basic recipe and I played around with it making versions with Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, cayenne pepper which were all yummy. The favourite so far were the Parmesan and garlic powder flavourings. These went well with the Red Pepper dip. Then again, I could slather the red pepper dip over cardboard and still munch it...
- ½ cup grated zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 3 tblspn coconut oil
- 2 tblspn coconut flour
- 2 tblspn almond meal/flour
- ¼ tspn salt
- ½ tspn baking soda
- Optional flavourings used..1 tspn garlic powder and ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 180c/350f degrees.
- Process all ingredients together in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Spread the batter on a parchment paper lined baking sheet to about ¼ inch thick.
- Bake the crackers for 15 minutes then cut into small squares and flip over. Return to the oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes until golden (or the desired crunchiness you want).
- Eat and enjoy!