These yummy halloumi and veggie burgers are based on the delicious ones I have enjoyed at a stall in London Borough market called The Veggie Table. If you are in London or visiting, I implore you to visit this wonderful food market and head off to this stall as their food is just superb. These burgers are just so good, that they could convert a meat eater….well, almost I guess….
I used coconut flour as the binding agent in these burgers as it sucks up any excess moisture nicely, but you could use the flour of your choice to bind the ingredients.
2 carrots, grated
1 courgette (zucchini), grated
250g Halloumi, grated
1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 tblspn fresh mint, chopped
1 tblspn fresh coriander, chopped
1/4 cup coconut flour
- Mix all the ingredients (except the coconut flour) well.
- Add the coconut flour and combine.
- Take small handfuls of the mixture and press into small patties.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes (or these will keep in the refrigerator for about two to three days uncooked).
- Heat a tablespoon on olive oil in a frying pan.
- Cook the burgers for about 2-3 minutes on each side, pressing down slightly until a golden brown on each side.
- Eat and enjoy!