Avocado is used in this pesto recipe instead of a hard cheese which gives way to a very creamy pesto sauce that is great slathered over veggies, meat, fish, vegetable noodles, a piece of bread, in a sandwich…oh the list goes on. I could eat this out of the jar with a spoon! Simple to make and tasty to eat! I sometimes find regular pesto a bit oily, so this is a great alternative. Avocado’s are a great superfood, packed with nutrients and heart-healthy compounds too!
Store in the refrigerator . I kept mine in a jar with a screw-top lid and it kept for a week.
- 1 Avocado
- 1 cup Fresh basil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 3 cloves garlic peeled & chopped
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Peel the avocado, remove the stone and cut into chunks.
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor or a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Eat and enjoy!