An easy red pepper dip that is full of flavour and could be used as a spread too. A welcome low carb and gluten free at any gathering.
This was described as “morish” by the Chief Taster as he tucked into a bowl of this last night. Red peppers are full of colour and have a sweet taste. I love the flavour that they give when roasted too. Here they are used to make a creamy dip that can be enjoyed with crudites, cheese crisps and grain free crackers.
You could always cheat with the peppers and use the ones from the deli counter or sold in a jar. Just blitz with the other ingredients and you have a tasty dip quick!
- 4 large red peppers, halved, deseeded with stalks discarded
- 1 tblspn olive oil
- 100g cream cheese
- 1/2 tspn lemon juice.
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F degrees
- Place the peppers into a shallow roasting dish and drizzle with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes until the skin blackens. Take them out of the oven and allow them to cool.
- Remove the blackened skin and chop the peppers very finely.
- Put the peppers in a bowl and add the cream cheese and lemon juice. Season and stir gently together.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Eat and enjoy!