Satisfy your sweet tooth and stay on track with your keto diet with these delicious cream cheese muffins. Made with cream cheese, these low-carb treats are the perfect guilt-free snack or breakfast.
These muffins are characterized by their rich and creamy texture, which is achieved without the use of traditional flour, making them a gluten-free treat too. At just 3g net carbs a muffin they make a great start to the day.
They taste like mini cheesecakes and are a great way to start the day. Or morning. Or afternoon. Who I am kidding...anytime is cream cheese muffin time!
Carbs in cream cheese
Cream cheese typically contains a small amount of carbohydrates. The exact amount of carbs can vary slightly between different brands and types of cream cheese. On average, a 1-ounce (28-gram) serving of regular cream cheese contains about 1 gram of carbohydrates.
Only 5 ingredients make these low carb muffins
- Cream cheese - plain and the star of the recipe.
- Egg - a source of protein
- Sweetener - we used allulose for the sweetener but monkfruit or Swerve work just as well.
- Vanilla - adds a touch of sweetener.
- Cinnamon - for the topping.
How to make keto cream cheese muffins
This is a quick and easy recipe with the muffins ready in 20 minutes. To bake we found silicone muffin cases very successful.
Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
Spoon into muffin cases.
Bake until firm.
Cool and enjoy.
Cream Cheese Muffin Variations
Keto cream cheese muffins can be customized with a wide range of flavorings and add-ins, such as blueberries, raspberries, chocolate chips, vanilla extract, lemon juice, cinnamon, or nuts, allowing for a diverse array of delicious options.
Before storing in the fridge, make sure your cream cheese muffins have cooled down to room temperature. Place the muffins in an airtight container or a resealable plastic bag. To absorb any excess moisture and prevent the muffins from becoming soggy, you can place a layer of paper towels at the bottom of the container before adding the muffins. They should last up to 4 days.
To store cream cheese muffins for an even longer period, you can freeze them. Wrap each muffin individually in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, and then place them in an airtight container or a freezer-safe bag. Muffins can typically be stored in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. When you're ready to enjoy them, thaw them in the refrigerator.
This recipe was originally posted in September 2011. The content and photos have been updated but the recipe remains the same.
Keto Cream Cheese Muffins
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 medium egg
- ¼ cup allulose or other sweetener
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F degrees and line a muffin tin with 4 greaseproof muffin liners. Or use silicone muffin liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the cream cheese and egg.
- Add the sweetener and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Spoon into the muffin liners and sprinkle the top with cinnamon.
- Bake for 20 minutes until firm.
- Se aside to cool before serving.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.