A cranberry cream cheese loaf cake that is low in carbs and gluten free too. Enjoy a healthy cake in the holidays. Or when you can get your hands on some cranberries.
This cranberry cake is soft and delicious. The addition of cream cheese to the cake mixture makes the cake moist without being wet. The sharpness of the cranberries compliments the sweetness of the sponge.
I have not used a lot of sweetener as I like the tartness that the cranberries. If you have more of a sweet tooth you may want to add extra sweetener. I would recommend that you taste the cranberry cake mixture and adjust if necessary.
The unbaked cake mixture could be eaten straight out of the bowl. Well, I could have! It is so light, creamy and fluffy that I would happily consider making a batch of this just to eat! I don’t normally use a spoon to clean the bowl after the cake mixture has been put into the tin, but with this I also licked the bowl clean!
I’ve baked this with both fresh and frozen (defrosted) cranberries and both worked out well. Except my first attempt collapsed on me as I moved it to a serving plate. I had not cooked it long enough so there was a lot of swearing. Especially as the cake smelled so good! All I needed was another 10 minutes!
When you are baking this cranberry cake and the top starts to brown keep your eye on it. I removed the cake and covered the top with foil for the last 10 minutes so not to burn this cake.
If you enjoy cream cheese cookies, you will love this cranberry cream cheese loaf. If you are not a fan of cranberries, try it with either blueberries or raspberries.
WATCH THE VIDEO
Cranberry Cream Cheese Loaf
- 1/2 cup Low Carb Sweetener
- 1/2 cup Butter, unsalted softened
- 8 oz Cream cheese softened
- 4 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Whisk the butter and sweetener together.
- Add the cream cheese and whisk until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and continue to whisk.
- Next, add the dry ingredients, the coconut flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Gently fold in the cranberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and bake for 60 minutes.
- If the top starts to brown too much towards the end of baking, cover the top with foil and continue to bake.
- Allow to cool in the baking tin.
- Slice, eat and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: Check on Amazon