A cranberry cream cheese loaf cake that is low in carbs and gluten free too. Enjoy a healthy cake in the holidays. Or when you can get your hands on some cranberries.
This cranberry cake is soft and delicious. The addition of cream cheese to the cake mixture makes the cake moist without being wet. The sharpness of the cranberries compliments the sweetness of the sponge.
The unbaked cake mixture could be eaten straight out of the bowl. Well, I could have! It is so light, creamy and fluffy that I would happily consider making a batch of this just to eat! I don’t normally use a spoon to clean the bowl after the cake mixture has been put into the tin, but with this I also licked the bowl clean!
The butter, eggs and cream cheese all need to be at room temperature to make this low carb cake loaf.
The low carb sweetener
I have not used a lot of sweetener as I like the tartness that the cranberries. If you have more of a sweet tooth you may want to add extra sweetener. I would recommend that you taste the cranberry cake mixture and adjust if necessary.
Monkfruit was used but any other sweetener can be used. We used granular but powdered would work just as well.
How to make keto cranberry cream cheese loaf
This is an easy recipe with a few ingredients. Be careful not to overwork the mixture as you don't want the loaf to sink too much. It will sink slightly after being removed from the oven.
- Cream the monk fruit sweetener and butter in a medium mixing bowl with an electric whisk.
- Add the cream cheese and whisk in.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the cranberries. We toss them in powdered sweetener to stop them sinking to the bottom.
- Spoon into a 1lb loaf tin lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until golden on top.
- Serve with cream and berries (optional).
Can you use fresh or frozen cranberries?
I’ve baked this with both fresh and frozen (defrosted) cranberries and both worked out well. Except my first attempt collapsed on me as I moved it to a serving plate. I had not cooked it long enough so there was a lot of swearing. Especially as the cake smelled so good! All I needed was another 10 minutes!
How to store
This cranberry loaf has to be stored in the fridge. Keep it in an air tight container to stop it drying out. It should last for 3 - 4 days.
Can you freeze this low carb cranberry loaf?
If you are to freeze this, we would recommend that you slice it first. Then keep the slices separate to stop them freezing together. Store in a zip lock bag and they freeze up to 3 months.
To defrost, remove them from the freeze and place them in the fridge. They will taste a bit like a ice cream cheesecake cake directly from the freezer too!
Allow the loaf to cool thoroughly before eating.
When you are baking this cranberry cake and the top starts to brown keep your eye on it. I removed the cake and covered the top with foil for the last 10 minutes so not to burn this cake.
If you enjoy cream cheese cookies, you will love this cranberry cream cheese loaf. If you are not a fan of cranberries, try it with either blueberries or raspberries.
Add the zest and juice of an orange for an additional flavour.
If you want to swap the coconut flour for almond flour, the amount will need to be increased to 1 cup of almond flour.
Add chopped pecans or walnuts for a touch of crunch.
WATCH HOW IT'S MADE
More low carb cranberry recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
This recipe was originally in November 2017. The content and photos have been updated but the recipe remains the same.
Cranberry Cream Cheese Loaf
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Grease and line a 1lb loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Whisk the butter and sweetener together.
- Add the cream cheese and whisk until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and continue to whisk.
- Next, add the dry ingredients, the coconut flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Gently fold in the cranberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and bake for 60 minutes.
- If the top starts to brown too much towards the end of baking, cover the top with foil and continue to bake.
- Allow to cool in the baking tin.
- Slice, eat and enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.