Pumpkin cheesecake ice cream makes a delicious low carb dessert. Have a side of this with warm pumpkin pie for a double helping of pumpkin.
If you like pumpkin pie and ice cream then you will be in heaven with this recipe! The cream cheese gives it a cheesecake-like taste too! Just divine! We were walking the dogs by the beach one Sunday morning and I had a sudden hankering for some ice cream. So when I got home, whipped up a batch of this. The mixture itself before it went into the freezer was delicious enough to drink! Every time I took it out of the freezer to stir, the Chief Taster appeared with a spoon to “sample it again”.
I need an ice cream maker but sadly where we currently live has a choice of two models. One that looks like something my great-grandmother would churn butter with and another that makes me swear at the price and wonder if they moved a decimal point whilst pricing. So sadly, I use the method of placing in the freezer, then stirring every 45 minutes until frozen. I was tempted just to leave it and see what happens as either way, I was going to eat it…
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup erthyritol or sugar substitute of your choice
- 1 tspn vanilla
- 1 tspn ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tspn ground all spice
- 1 tspn ground ginger
- 1/4 tspn ground cloves
- 1/4 tspn ground nutmeg
- Optional - a dash of vodka helps to avoid ice crystals
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor (or use a hand blender) and blitz until smooth.
- Either - place in your ice cream maker and follow the instructions OR
- Pour into a tupperware container and place in the freezer, stiring every 45 minutes to distribute the ice crystals.
- Freeze until firm.
- Eat and enjoy!