Pumpkin cheesecake ice cream makes a delicious low carb dessert. If you like pumpkin pie and ice cream then this is the recipe for you.
This low carb dessert is perfect for that time between summer and fall when it's still too warm to bake but you are hankering for warm spices. All of the flavours of pumpkin pie, with a cheesecake taste in an ice cream.
How to make pumpkin cheesecake ice cream
This is an easy low carb ice cream recipe that can be made in an ice cream maker or as a no churn recipe. I used an ice cream maker just for an extra creamy texture.
All you need to make this keto ice cream is a handful of ingredients:
- Pumpkin puree - I used tinned puree. Always check the sugar content.
- Coconut milk - tinned coconut milk is used as it freezes well. Almond milk could be used but it may be icier.
- Cream cheese - No cheesecake recipe is complete without cream cheese!
- Low Carb sweetener - Allulose is always great for keto ice cream recipes, but try a golden low carb sweetener to enhance the pumpkin spice flavour.
- Pumpkin spice - If you can't find a jar of pumpkin spice you can mix your own.
Home made pumpkin spice
When I can't find pumpkin spice it's easy to make a batch of homemade which can be tweaked to your own taste too. Grab your spices and mix!
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground all spice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
More Fall Keto Desserts
If you enjoy the flavors of cream cheese, pumpkin and warm spices, try our pumpkin cheesecake bars recipe. And for more fall low carb desserts we have these:
This recipe was originally published in March 2016. I've updated the photographs and content but the recipe remains the same.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 400 ml coconut milk tin
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup monkfruit golden preferable
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor (or use a hand blender) and blitz until smooth.
- Either - place in your ice cream maker and follow the instructions OR
- Pour into a tupperware container and place in the freezer, stiring every 45 minutes to distribute the ice crystals.
- Freeze until firm.
- Eat and enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.