Pumpkin muffins with a cream cheese filling is a delicious muffin with a yummy centre. Baked with almond flour these muffins are low carb & gluten free.
Just as I was about to spoon the muffin mixture into the tin, I was thinking about the cream cheese frosting and thought, why not put the topping inside the muffin? So whipped up some cream cheese, and voila! Luckily for me it worked out, despite my fear of the filling oozing out during baking.
Keto Cream Cheese Muffins
Cream cheese seems to go so well with a spicy pumpkin muffin..it’s almost a classic flavour combination. I tried to keep the sweetness down as I find pumpkin sweet enough, and the cream cheese filling adds to this. However, if you prefer a sweeter muffin, double up the erythritol.
These pumpkin muffins are moist and packed full of flavour thanks to the spices. The creamy cream cheese centre is not too sweet but adds an extra delight to the muffins.
I love using pumpkin as well as being low in carbs, it has a lovely bright colour. Almost cheerful in it’s appearance which you need during Fall as the winter nights are soon to descend upon you. Well, that’s for you living in the Northern Hemisphere. I’ll try to refrain from posting my beach photos in November!
How To Make Pumpkin Keto Cream Cheese Muffins
The pumpkin spice gives the muffin sponge a delicious warm flavour. If you don’t have ready made pumpkin spice you can easily make your own. In a jar, mix 3 tablespoons cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ground ginger, 2 teaspoons nutmeg, 1 teaspoon all spice and 1 teaspoon ground cloves. Shake and mix and store for pumpkin baking.
For the sweetener in both the muffin and the cream cheese centre I used erythritol. There is also a blend of Monk Fruit with erythritol I enjoy when I can get my hands on a packet. Since I have dogs, I now never use Xylitol as it’s deadly for dogs if they consume it. Nothing is safe in my kitchen if I turn my back or drop a muffin, so it’s a big no now. I happily used it before so if you have an animal free household, that can be used.
OTHER PUMPKIN DESSERTS TO ENJOY:
Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup Butter, unsaled melted
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Erythritol or sweetener
- 3 oz Cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons Erythritol or sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In another bowl, blend the pumpkin and eggs (I used a whisk) until thoroughly blended.
- Add the butter and continue to blend.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the pumpkin mixture, add the water and mix well.
- Mix the filling ingredients together until smooth and blended.
- Lin a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Spoon the pumpkin mixture into the cups about 2/3 of the way up.
- Make a “well” in the mixture. I used a small spoon to do this, pushing the mixture around the sides.
- Place about a teaspoon of the cream cheese filling into your “well” in the muffin mixture.
- Cover the centre with the rest of the muffin mixture, smoothing it over if required.
- Bake for 25 -30 minutes, until the top of the muffin is firm.
- Eat and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: $2.99Was: $3.99