These easy no bake keto mini cheesecakes have a chocolate crust with a creamy chocolate mascarpone filling. At just 3g net carbs they are a family favorite keto-friendly dessert and great for portion control.
Made with an chocolate almond flour base and mascarpone, these are a delicious mini chocolate cheesecake dessert that's low carb and gluten-free. Best of all is that you don't need to put the oven on.
This mini no bake mascarpone cheesecake is very creamy in texture and goes well with the chocolate almond flour base. They taste great and very indulgent. As they are mini sizes, you could almost pop a whole one in your mouth!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
ARE CHEESECAKES KETO FRIENDLY?
Cheesecakes are a dessert that adapt quickly to a keto diet as all you need to do is replace the sugar with a low carb sweetener and make a low carb base from a nut flour. The cream cheese and cream are perfect for a low carb diet.
However, just because a cheesecake is made low carb, does not mean you can devour a whole one, but as with any dessert, should be consumed in moderation.
HOW MANY CARBS IN A MINI CHEESECAKE?
These mini chocolate delights have just 3g net carbs. If you wanted to reduced the carbohydrate content slightly, substitute the melted chocolate with unsweetened cocoa powder for the topping.
Simple ingredients are used to make these low carb mini chocolate cheesecakes.
- Mascarpone - this thick Italian cream cheese gives the cheesecake a creamy and indulgent texture. Use softened at room temperature for a smooth texture.
- Cream cheese - use softened at room temperature for a lump free cheesecake.
- Cocoa - we use 100% cocoa with no sweetener.
- Chocolate - sugar free or high cocoa solids should be used.
- Low Carb Sweetener - For this dessert we used allulose but any other low carb sweetener such as monk fruit, swerve confectioners or erythritol.
- Almond Flour - makes the cheesecake crust and is a great low carb and gluten-free alternative to the traditional graham cracker crust.
HOW TO MAKE KETO MINI CHEESECAKES
No bake cheesecakes are very easy to make. Mix the base, whip cream cheese with cream and you have yourself a tasty low carb dessert.
Mix the dry ingredients of the base and stir in the butter.
Press the filling down into the muffin cases.
Whisk the cream, melted chocolate mascarpone and cream cheese together and spoon the cheesecake batter into the pan. Chill until firm.
Pop the mini cheesecakes out of the pan and serve.
If you use a mini cheesecake pan, use ones with removable bottoms to ensure easy removal of the chilled keto cheesecakes.
If you don't want to make mini cheesecakes, this recipe can be used for a 8 inch springform cake tin for a large no bake mascarpone cheesecake.
Muffin tins can be used to make mini cheesecakes too. Line the muffin cups with cupcake liners for easy removal.
We decorated our mini chocolate cheesecake with a chocolate ganache but you can serve it plain or with a dusting of cocoa powder.
Other flavors can be used for this mini cheesecake recipe if you don't want a strong chocolate flavor. Try vanilla extract, raspberries or shredded coconut. Maybe sugar free peanut butter too.
Mini mascarpone cheesecakes should be stored in the fridge. Keep them in an air tight container and they should last up to 5 days.
CAN MINI CHEESECAKES BE FROZEN?
Another great thing about cheesecakes is that they freeze easily. They can also be enjoyed whilst still frozen like an ice cream treat. To freeze the cheesecakes, place them in an air tight container or zip lock bags and they should last up to 3 months in the freezer.
Keto Mini Cheesecakes
- 16 oz mascarpone cheese softened
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 5 oz chocolate (sugar free or high cocoa solids) melted
- ½ cup allulose or other low carb sweetener
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Make the Base
- In a large mixing bowl add the almond flour, sweetener and cocoa powder. Mix well.
- Add the melted butter and stir well.
- Spoon the mixture into the mini cheesecake pans and press down firmly. Place in the fridge to firm.
Make the Cheesecake
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the mascarpone until smooth.
- Add the sweetener and whisk to combine.
- Stir in the melted chocolate.
- In another bowl, whisk the heavy cream until thick peaks form.
- Fold in the cream to the mascarpone mix.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the bases and place back in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours or ideally overnight to firm.
- Pop the mini cheesecake out of the tin, decorate and serve.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.