A slice of this low carb New York Cheesecake will have your fork going back for another piece. It is the creamiest cheesecake I have made and utterly delicious.
Once you try a water bath cheesecake you will find it hard to make a cheesecake any other way. No bake and baked are both delicious but do not compare to this creamy cheesecake goodness. My coconut blueberry cheesecake comes close, but if I had to choose a slice between the two (the Sophie’s choice of cheesecake) I would pick this one. Until I bake another and proclaim that one the best so far. Currently, I will happily proclaim that this is the best low carb New York Cheesecake I have made.
BEST LOW CARB CHEESECAKE
This low carb New York Cheesecake is very simple but that’s the beauty of it. There are no strong flavours to distract you from the creamy cheesecake. Sometimes keeping a recipe simple is a good option. Although it is so creamy, it is light. I think that it’s the sour cream that helps with the creaminess and keeps it from being too heavy.
You could make this cheesecake a crustless one to reduce the carbs. With the crust it is 4.6g net carbs a slice but if you are not too bothered about the crust, bake it just pure cheesecake. I’d add another layer of parchment paper on the bottom of the cake tin though.
We both loved this cheesecake and enjoyed our first piece for breakfast with no guilt. As I wanted this cheesecake to set over night in the fridge, it meant that it was ready to be photographed in the morning. As the natural light is lovely and soft here at breakfast it meant a few snaps, then slices were cut and the furious sound of forks on plate echoed through the neighbourhood. A great way to start the day!
You can serve this low carb New York Cheesecake as it is or with a drizzle of a berry coulis. Perhaps a low carb chocolate sauce would be good but keep it small. Don’t distract from the flavour of this delicious cheesecake too much. Any side dressing should enhance rather than smother it.
TRY A KETO AIR FRYER CHEESECAKE
If you want a baked cheesecake similar to a New York Cheesecake and don't want the oven on, try our air fryer cheesecake recipe. It's fast, easy and delicious
ENJOY MORE CHEESECAKE RECIPES:
Keto New York Cheesecake
- 2 cups almond flour
- 5 tablespoons butter, unsalted melted
- 3 tablespoons erythtirol ground
- 24 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 eggs medium
- ¾ cup erythritol
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
MAKE THE BASE
- Grease an 8-inch spring form cake tin and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Cover the bottom of the cake tin with silver foil, ensuring that it comes up to the sides too. You don’t want any water to get into the tin when baking it!
- In a bowl, mix the almond flour, melted butter and erythritol until blended and looks like breadcrumbs
- Press the mix down into the cake tin and place in the fridge to firm.
MAKE THE FILLING
- Beat the cream cheese and sour cream in a bowl using an electric mixer or whisk until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the erythritol and beat until smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, making sure the mixture is smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract, lemon peel and juice and blend well.
- Pour the filling into the cake tin on top of the chilled base.
- Place the cake tin into a large baking pan and fill with water so it comes up to about ⅔rds of the side of the cake tin.
- Bake for an hour and 15 minutes until the cheesecake is firm to the touch.
- Cool and chill overnight Or a minimum of 4 hours (will power IS required here!)
- Remove from the tin, serve with a berry coulis (optional) and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.