Cinnamon donuts that are baked in a donut tray and are low carb as well as gluten free. Made from coconut flour, they are a healthier alternative to fried donuts.
One of my favourite donut toppings is cinnamon and this definitely hails back to being brought up in a British seaside town…the smell of the cinnamon over hot donuts…mmmmm…. However, this is the unfried alternative made with coconut flour. The only downside to this is that coconut flour is so filling…I am looking at a large batch of them and want to eat them all, but can’t …am too full. Damn you fibre!
As ever, you need a donut tin. .I ordered mine via Amazon and it took about a week to get here. If anyone finds the tin here, please let me know so I can spread the word.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup erythritol or sugar substitute
- 6 Eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extracctt
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted melted
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons erythritol, ground or sugar substitute
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Mix the coconut flour, erythritol, stevia, baking soda and salt together.
- Add the eggs, coconut milk, coconut oil, vanilla and cinnamon. Blend until there are no lumps (you may find it easier if you use a blender).
- Fill the donut tin to 2/3 full of the donut batter. Bake for 20 minutes until firm.
- Mix the ground erythritol and cinnamon together.
- Slightly cool, then when you can handle them, dip into the melted butter, then the cinnamon dip.
- Eat and enjoy!