These keto donuts are flavoured with chocolate and cinnamon. Baked with coconut flour they are a healthier alternative to store bought donuts.
I love my hot chocolate sprinkled with cinnamon, so in this recipe put them together in a donut form. Seems logical to me! The husband voted these keto donuts as his favourite…although that may change with the next batch for him to test. I love how moist these donuts are, and it’s a credit to the joys of coconut flour. Along with the coconut oil and milk which are all wonderfully low carb for you.
Did you know that there are on average about 22g net carbs in a store bought donut? That’s just over a low carb daily allowance! Wow! These donuts are just 5g net carbs each so you can enjoy them without the guilt.
You will need a donut tin to make these low carb donuts. I have started using a silicone tin and just love it. My metal one was getting a bit over used and the donuts had to be scraped out. With a silicone tin they just pop out easily. Although between you and me, when making the video for this recipe, I thought that I would show the keto donuts being removed from the tin. Of course the first one stuck for the very first time! So you don’t see me struggling to get a donut out nor hear the swearing! The others popped out beautifully, but it’s why you only see 5 keto donuts in the photos too…
The melted cinnamon butter acts as a delicious glaze and gives you another layer of cinnamon taste. They help keep the keto donut moist too when kept in the fridge. Yes, the last batch survived the night under the hunger pangs of the Chief Taster so I can confirm that they store well in the fridge.
WATCH THE VIDEO
- 1/2 cup Coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Erythritol or low carb sweetener
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 6 Eggs medium
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Butter unsalted
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Mix the coconut flour, erythritol, cocoa flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Add the eggs, coconut oil, coconut milk and vanilla extract and blend until you have no lumps.
- Fill the donut molds with the batter and bake for 20 minutes until firm.
- Remove and cool.
- Melt the butter and add the cinnamon. Mix well.
- Dip the donuts into the cinnamon mixture.
- Eat and enjoy!