Although these almond flour donuts are baked in a mini muffin tin, you could use a regular donut tin for these. They are a delicious low carb and gluten free treat. A baked donut is much healthier than a deep fried one too.
I saw the cutest mini donut pan in a supermarket that sang to me like a siren. So an almond flour recipe for donuts was made and a happy husband taste tested to his hearts content. I then made two batches, one with the regular recipe below, the other batch had changed 1/4 cup cocoa powder added. Chocolate mini donuts were in the house! The bunting was put up and the balloons blown. The Chief Taster shed a tiny tear.
I must make another batch of these almond flour donuts and dip them in cocoa powder and coconut oil for a chocolate glaze too! The recipe below is just for a plain donut flavoured with cinnamon. If you want to make the chocolate donuts, add 1/4 cup cocoa flour to the mix. You may need a little bit of water to smooth the batter.
Almond Flour Mini Donuts
Serve these almond flour donuts plain or dipped in melted chocolate than a double dip in unsweetened coconut flour. I've been more creative with my coconut flour donuts but should give these almond flour donuts some more attention.
- 1 cup (96g) Almond flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup erythritol or sugar substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 160C/300F degrees.
- Grease the donut pan well with butter.
- Whisk the eggs, vanilla extract and erythritol together
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and whisk until smooth.
- Pour into the donut pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!