I have a love affair with coconut flour and have used this to make this lovely, moreish brownie that has the gorgeous combination of chocolate, coconut and cherry. I saw some plump cherries in the freezer section of the supermarket and thought they would be lovely in a chocolate brownie...and I was right!
This is a great Gluten Free recipe and is not too bad on the carbs either. I have used coconut nectar for the sweetner but you could use another sugar substitute if you don't have it to hand. I covered the top of the brownie with a chocolate ganache...yum! It's not necessary but I was in a ganache mood...as you do..
Other Low Carb Brownies to Bake
Chocolate, Coconut & Cherry Brownies
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 1/4 cup erythritol
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut unsweetened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cherries stone removed
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Melt the coconut oil and butter together in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Remove from the heat and add the cocoa powder. Stir well.
- Add the erythritol, vanilla, salt and mix well.
- Add the eggs and mix thoroughly. Add the coconut flour, desiccated coconut and the cherries and mix well.
- Grease a 8 X 8 inch baking tray and pour the mixture into it, smoothing it evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until firm on top.