I have a love affair with coconut flour and have used this to make this lovely, moreish brownie that has the gorgeous combination of chocolate, coconut and cherry. I saw some plump cherries in the freezer section of the supermarket and thought they would be lovely in a chocolate brownie…and I was right!
This is a great Gluten Free recipe and is not too bad on the carbs either. I have used coconut nectar for the sweetner but you could use another sugar substitute if you don’t have it to hand. I covered the top of the brownie with a chocolate ganache…yum! It’s not necessary but I was in a ganache mood…as you do..
- ½ cup (56g) coconut flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 tblspn cocoa powder
- 3 tblspn coconut oil
- 6 tblspn butter
- ¼ cup sugar replacement
- ½ cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- ⅛ tspb salt
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- ½ cup cherries (I used ones straight from the freezer and defrosted them)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Melt the coconut oil and butter together in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Remove from the heat and add the cocoa powder. Stir well.
- Add the coconut nectar, vanilla, salt and mix well.
- Add the eggs and mix thoroughly. Add the coconut flour, desiccated coconut and the cherries and mix well.
- Grease a 8 X 8 dish and pour the mixture into it, smoothing it evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until firm on top.
- Eat and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss another recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun! https://www.facebook.com/DivaliciousRecipes
If you make this, share it! Tag your photo on Instagram with #divaliciousrecipes