These moist keto brownies with a swirl of peanut butter is a great low carb dessert. A delicious combination of chocolate and peanut butter is always welcome.
These keto brownies are just so soft. Luckily for me the Chief Taster was travelling so I got to be the sole taster. I normally let the brownies cool before eating but curiousity got the better of me. Very delicious warm. So much that I had to cut them into squares once cool and wrap them up for the freezer before I ate the whole tin.
Join the friendliest keto & low carb recipe and support Facebook Group HERE!
I used chunky peanut butter only because the smooth was not available in my normal brand. The crunch added something to the brownie but smooth would be just as nice.
How to make keto brownies
Although I used coconut flour for this, you could make this recipe with almond flour too. Perhaps with less egg and coconut milk though as coconut flour does love liquid!
I cut the total bake into 9 squares but you could cut smaller portions if you wanted (but why! I cry). They freeze very well and are a handy snack to have in the freezer.
WATCH THE VIDEO
Other keto brownies to bake
Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 medium egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ¼ cup erythritol
- ¾ cup peanut butter smooth
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 4 medium eggs
- ¾ cup erythritol
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Mix the dry brownie ingredients in a bowl.
- Grease and line a square brownie tin with parchment paper.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs and sugar substitute and blend well.
- Add the butter and coconut milk and combine until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and whisk until smooth. (I use a hand whisk).
- Place the topping ingredients in a bowl and using a hand blender mix until smooth. You could also use a blender for this.
- Spoon the brownie mixture into the brownie tin and smooth over evenly with a spoon.
- Dollop the peanut butter mixture on top of the brownie mixture and gently mix it slightly in.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until firm.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Do you use culinary coconut milk or drinking coconut milk?
Coconut milk from a can.
If I wanted to omit the peanut butter to decrease carbs, do you think this would be good as a cream cheese brownie?
I normally use truvia as my substitute. Think that’ll work okay?
You could and it would still be yummy. Here's another recipe you might like. https://divaliciousrecipes.com/cheesecake-brownie-almond-flour/
Hello! This recipe looks delicious! What sugar substitute do you recommend? I sometimes worry about using Stevia because the conversions to some "sugar substitutes" are not correct.
You are quite right as you only need a dash of stevia! I prefer erythritol but will dip into xylitol if that's not available. I've heard great things about monkfruit sugar but that's sadly not for sale where I live.