Almond butter makes a great flourless brownie and gives it a fudgy texture that is delightfully rich.
This is one of my very first attempts at gluten free baking so I thought that it would be time to revisit it. Many years ago I used honey which made the brownie very moist but now I turned to xylitol for the sweetener. The brownie is still fudge like, especially the next day.
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND BUTTER BROWNIES
I make my own almond butter as it’s easy and cheaper. You could make this brownie recipe with another nut butter as well. I sometimes use a mix of almond and cashew nut butter. Both butters are easy to make if you have a food processor and a lot cheaper than buying it in a jar from your health store.
I had a play around with these using salted almonds to make the almond butter and used a dash of coffee in the mixture. They made a nice slightly salty and coffee brownie treat. Feel free to play around with the flavours of the brownies too!
WATCH THE VIDEO TO MAKE THESE
OTHER BROWNIE RECIPES TO BAKE:
Almond Butter Chocolate Brownies
- 1 cup Almond Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Xylitol Or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup Cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoons Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Blend the almond butter, sweetener, baking soda, salt and vanilla.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Add the cocoa powder and melted chocolate and mix thoroughly.
- Place the gooey goodness into a 8 inch square baking tin, spread the mixture flat but evenly distributed.
- Bake for 30-40 mins. Do not let it get too dark. A toothpick in the middle should come out clean.
Any nutritional analysis on the website is based on an estimate, calculated by http://nutritiondata.self.com from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.