Almond butter makes a great flourless brownie and gives it a fudgy texture that is delightfully rich.
This is one of my very first attempts at gluten free baking so I thought that it would be time to revisit it. Many years ago I used honey which made the brownie very moist but now I turned to xylitol for the sweetener. The brownie is still fudge like, especially the next day.
I make my own almond butter as it’s easy and cheaper. You could make this brownie recipe with another nut butter as well. I sometimes use a mix of almond and cashew nut butter. Both butters are easy to make if you have a food processor and a lot cheaper than buying it in a jar from your health store.
I had a play around with these using salted almonds to make the almond butter and used a dash of coffee in the mixture. They made a nice slightly salty and coffee brownie treat. Feel free to play around with the flavours of the brownies too!
WATCH THE VIDEO
Almond Butter Chocolate Brownies
- 1 cup (250g) Almond Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup (113g) Xylitol Or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup (43g) Cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoons Vanilla extract
- 100 grams Chocolate Melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Blend the almond butter, sweetener, baking soda, salt and vanilla.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Add the cocoa powder and melted chocolate and mix thoroughly.
- Place the gooey goodness into a 8 inch square baking tin, spread the mixture flat but evenly distributed.
- Bake for 30-40 mins. Do not let it get too dark. A toothpick in the middle should come out clean.