A side dish of keto roasted cauliflower roasted in Djjon mustard and lemon butter sauce is an easy and tasty recipe.
If you are a fan of mustard, then this dish is simply divine and the addition of the lemon is lovely. I had to stop myself eating the whole dish once I tested a piece after it was cooked. This is a wonderful side dish that could steal the show from the main course!
How to make keto roasted cauliflower
Roasting cauliflower by itself gives the vegetable a great nutty flavour. This recipe lifts that flavour with the addition of Dijon mustard and lemon.
Ingredients for this recipe
All you need to make this tasty recipe is a few ingredients.
- Cauliflower - Fresh and firm.
- Dijon mustard - Either plain or grained mustard.
- Lemon - The juice and rind of a whole lemon.
- Butter - Unsalted butter.
- Fresh parsley - For the garnish and optional. Fresh chives could be substituted.
You could always make this dish a couple of hours ahead at then reheat through when you are ready to serve.
This mustard and lemon sauce would also be good to pour over chicken or fish.
More low carb side dish recipes to try
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
WATCH THE RECIPE:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Cauliflower Roasted in Dijon Mustard and Lemon Butter Sauce
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 Lemon Juice & grated rind
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (wholegrain preferable)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped optional (for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees
- Place the cauliflower florets on a baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and roast for 20-25 minutes
- Remove the cauliflower from the baking tray and place in an oven dish.
- Melt the butter in saucepan and add the mustard, lemon juice and lemon rind.
- Spoon the mustard sauce over the cauliflower and return to the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm or at room temperature.
I had some leftover pasta and I wanted a sauce with lemon since that was pretty much the only thing I had in the house. Seven minutes after finding this recipe I was eating. So simple... The Dijon mustard combined with lemon and butter is delicious. I am making the full recipe tonight with roasted cauliflower.
Glad you enjoyed it!
I love whole grain dijon mustard - I've been addicted to it lately. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe! I have been trying to find more dishes that use dijon mustard and this one is definitely on the list.
I agree with you about Dijon! It really makes this dish with the lemon and I hope you find it as addictive as I do!
One of my favourites.