A side dish of roasted cauliflower roasted in Djjon mustard and lemon butter sauce which is just delicious.
Just when I think I have done everything I can with a cauliflower, then another recipe pops up! If you are a fan of mustard, then this dish is simply devine and the tang of the lemon is lovely. I had to stop myself eating the whole dish once I tested a piece after it was cooked. I almost fell upon it as if it were a chocolate mousse cake. Absolutely gorgeous! This sauce would also be good to pour over chicken, or perhaps a strong fish? Or perhaps beef? This is a wonderful side dish that could steal the show from the main course!
You could always make this dish a couple of hours ahead at then heat through when you are ready to serve. I dare you to try and wait a couple of hours once you have tasted it though! I am skipping off to purchase more cauliflower to make it again!
WATCH THE RECIPE:
Cauliflower Roasted in Dijon Mustard and Lemon Butter Sauce
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 Lemon Juice & grated rind
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (wholegrain preferable)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped optional (for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees
- Place the cauliflower florets on a baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and roast for 20-25 minutes
- Remove the cauliflower from the baking tray and place in an oven dish.
- Melt the butter in saucepan and add the mustard, lemon juice and lemon rind.
- Spoon the mustard sauce over the cauliflower and return to the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm or at room temperature.
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun! https://www.facebook.com/DivaliciousRecipes