Cauliflower rice is used in this cauliflower chili recipe to make a delicious low carb meal. The cauliflower rice takes on the spices well and delivers a bowl of low carb comfort food.
Cauliflower rice makes a great vegetarian chili recipe in place of minced beef. I will play with this to make a Bolognese sauce too! Once the cauliflower rice is cooked, spices and tomatoes added you have the perfect low carb vegetarian alternative to chili.
Serving this vegetarian chilli made from cauliflower rice alongside a side of cauliflower rice seemed like over kill. So, I served it in a couple of cheese bowls and ate it in a cheese taco too However, it is delicious enough to eat simply by itself in a bowl.
The mushrooms in this cauliflower chili are a great replacement for kidney beans. They give the chili that comfort bite that bean normally give. As well as cooking superbly in spices. A low carb delicious alternative!
Feel free to play around with this recipe and adjust for own chilli preferences. This vegetarian chilli is a reflection of what spices I use to make a chilli, but it’s not a recipe set in stone. Go crazy with the spice rack and make it your own! Discover the joy of cauliflower rice and how it can be used in place of meat. There is a lot more to cauliflower. It’s the vegetable that just keeps on giving!
More keto chili recipes
WATCH THE RECIPE
- ½ Small onion chopped
- 1 cup Mushrooms quartered
- 2 cups Cauliflower rice
- 2 Garlic cloves peeled & chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tomato paste/puree
- ½ cup Chopped tomatoes tinned/fresh
- 2 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil on a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and the onion and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cauliflower rice and cook for 8-10 minutes. Stir regularly.
- Stir in the spices and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and tomatoes. Stir through, cover with a saucepan lid and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- If the mixture becomes too dry add some water, stir through, cover and cook. Season to taste.
- Eat and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.