I love this flavour combination for cauliflower cheese so thought I'd see how the ingredients worked for a soup. It's a lovely winter warming soup although the use of the walnut does not give the soup the most bright and welcoming colour. The cauliflower gives the soup a lovely thickness and the Stilton gives a lift in flavour. If you do not like Stilton perhaps a strong Cheddar cheese would work.
I sprinkled some crumbled Stilton on top to serve, but some chopped up parsley would brighten the appearance of the dish!
1 onion, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1/3 cup Stilton cheese
4 cups stock
2 tblspns coconut oil
- Heat the oil in a saucepan on a medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the cauliflower florets and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring the cauliflower so it does not burn.
- Add the walnuts and stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the Stilton cheese and blend until smooth.
- Slurp and enjoy!