This low carb cauliflower soup is flavoured with walnuts and Stilton cheese for a strong, creamy soup..
I love this flavour combination for cauliflower cheese so thought I'd see how the ingredients worked for a soup. It's a lovely winter warming soup although the use of the walnut does not give the soup the most bright and welcoming colour. The cauliflower gives the soup a lovely thickness and the Stilton gives a lift in flavour. If you do not like Stilton perhaps a strong Cheddar cheese would work.
I sprinkled some crumbled Stilton on top to serve, but some chopped up parsley would brighten the appearance of the dish!
If you don't have Stilton cheese to hand, use another strong blue cheese.
More Low Carb Soups to Slurp!
Cauliflower, Cheese & Jalapeno Soup
Cauliflower, Walnut & Stilton Soup
- 1 medium onion peeled & chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled & chipped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cauliflower trimmed and cut into florets
- ¼ cup walnuts chopped
- ⅓ cup Stilton cheese crumbled
- 4 cups stock either chicken or vegetable
- Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan on a medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the cauliflower florets and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring the cauliflower so it does not burn.
- Add the walnuts and stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the Stilton cheese and blend until smooth.
- Serve, slurp and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Two Peas & A Wad
This looks great, I love cauliflower! I eat all organic and organic cauliflower is EXPENSIVE, much more so than most vegetables. This would be a great way to have it last longer than just chopping it up as side. I make killer cauliflower "mashed potatoes"!
Cauliflower is one of my favourite veggies. Love your blog! Some great articles and made me look at a few veggies different!
Two Peas & A Wad
Thanks so much! It's crazy how much we all don't know and are still learning.