This low carb cauliflower soup is flavoured with walnuts and Stilton cheese for a strong, creamy soup..
I love this flavour combination for cauliflower cheese so thought I'd see how the ingredients worked for a soup. It's a lovely winter warming soup although the use of the walnut does not give the soup the most bright and welcoming colour. The cauliflower gives the soup a lovely thickness and the Stilton gives a lift in flavour. If you do not like Stilton perhaps a strong Cheddar cheese would work.
I sprinkled some crumbled Stilton on top to serve, but some chopped up parsley would brighten the appearance of the dish!
If you don't have Stilton cheese to hand, use another strong blue cheese.
More Low Carb Soups to Slurp!
Cauliflower, Walnut & Stilton Soup
- 1 medium onion peeled & chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled & chipped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cauliflower trimmed and cut into florets
- ¼ cup walnuts chopped
- ⅓ cup Stilton cheese crumbled
- 4 cups stock either chicken or vegetable
- Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan on a medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the cauliflower florets and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring the cauliflower so it does not burn.
- Add the walnuts and stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the Stilton cheese and blend until smooth.
- Serve, slurp and enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.