A cauliflower frittata made with feta and sautéed cauliflower. A hearty dish indeed!
Each time that I make a new fritatta I tend to declare that it’s my favourite. Then I make a different one, and change my mind. This frittata is no exception and is now my current favourite. Infact, I have now made this four times in the last few weeks so it still currently holds the title of favourite. Yet again, a great way to cook with cauliflower. You could always use up any leftover roasted cauliflower that you have and create this frittata. This is just delicious warm, and lovely cold too.
You can substitute the fresh parsley with your herb of choice if you so wish. Play around with this, but the main glorious ingredient is the cauliflower!
1 head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into small florets
1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
2-3 spring onions, chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
2-3 tblspns oil
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat and saute the cauliflower florets until golden in colour, for 7-9 minutes.
- Add the garlic and spring onions and saute for a further minute.
- Beat the eggs, and add the parsley and feta cheese to the mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cauliflower, ensuring even coverage.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until firm, then place under a hot grill to finish off the top for 1-2 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!