This low carb cobbler with blackberries and blueberries is a delicious comfort food dish. Made with almond flour it is low carb and gluten free deliciousness in a bowl!
Initially this was going to be just blackberries, but I didn’t have enough for a complete dish, so I threw in a punnet of plump blueberries. It worked out beautifully and have made this exactly the same again, but you could also use other berries for this dish.
LOW CARB COBBLER
This is perfect comfort food. I made this low carb cobbler on a rainy Sunday afternoon, and the Chief Taster was lucky to be left any once I tasted it. One tablespoon of the delicious berries with the almond topping hit the right notes and I reached for a larger spoon under the guise of “research taste testing”. Then had to stop myself before the Chief Taster came home to an empty pie dish and me asleep on the sofa.
This low carb berry cobbler is just superb with a serving of cream. The Chief Taster is very much a pudding man, and this is now a request on a raining, grey day. I am wondering about making this with strawberries and raspberries. I think frozen fruit would be okay too, if you did not have anything fresh to hand. Either way, it’s a yummy comfort food dish!
OTHER BLUEBERRY DESSERTS YOU WILL ENJOY
Blackberry & Blueberry Cobbler
- 2 cups Blackberries
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened unsalted
- 1/4 cup Erythritol sweetener of choice
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C/375F degrees.
- Place the fruit a baking dish.
- Beat the butter and erthyritol in a bowl until creamy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and salt and blend well.
- Add the almond flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Spoon the batter on top of the berries.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.