This easy strawberry cream cheese cobbler is a delicious recipe with strawberries and made with almond flour it is also a great low carb and gluten free dessert.
A keto strawberry dessert that is simplicity itself. The addition of the cream cheese gives this an extra creamy texture without it being too smooth as the cream cheese bakes well within the almond flour cobbler mixture.
I was looking what I had in the fridge and wondered what recipe with strawberries to make as I had a huge punnet of strawberries that were a rare find on the island that week. When you have a rare find, you need to make that recipe count! I had also purchased a large block of cream cheese as it was reduced (never say no to a low carb bargain) and although I pondered on a few strawberry cheesecake recipes for an easy option my mind went to a strawberry cobbler with cream cheese. We both love the berry cobbler I have on my low carb dessert repertoire,so a version with strawberries was a great choice for summer. Add dollops of cream cheese for a nod to cheesecake and I had my perfect strawberry dessert! A comfort dish with strawberries that used my discount cream cheese. A win-win all round!
STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE COBBLER
The baked strawberry cream cheese cobbler was utterly delicious, and the Chief Taster is lucky that I forced self-control upon myself when I ate a piece. I will confess that after baking, taking photos of it, then serving myself a portion of it, I did think to myself “he’s at work. If you ate it all, he will never know. He won’t look at the website when you publish the recipe. He’ll never know. It’s the perfect dessert crime!”. However, after a review of the wedding video and a note of the vows made, I left him some.
STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE RECIPES
If you are looking for a strawberry cream cheese recipe and want a chance from a cheesecake, then I recommend you make this tasty strawberry cream cheese cobbler. It is everything you want from a dessert. Low carb, grain free, easy to make and hits that sweet spot perfectly.
TRY OTHER LOW CARB STRAWBERRY DESSERTS
Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted softened
- 1/2 cup erythritol low carb sweetener
- 2 eggs medium
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz cream cheese cut into small pieces
- 8 strawberries cut into halves
- Preheat the oven to 190C/380F
- In a bowl mix the butter and erythritol together until smooth
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract
- Add the almond flour, salt and baking powder until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into a baking dish.
- Place the strawberries on top of the batter.
- Scatter the cream cheese pieces over the top.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 45-50 minutes until firm and golden. Remove the foil after 25 minutes of baking. ( The crust rises up and around the fruit, but fruit may peek out of top).
- Eat and enjoy!