This Thai cucumber salad is a light and refreshing recipe that can be a great lunch or even a side dish.
Luckily for me, the Chief Taster does not like cucumbers so I had this healthly recipe all to myself! The cucumber salad is sweet, tangy and refreshing with a small chilli kick. It made a devine light lunch but would also be great as a side dish.
I did try to use my spiralizer on the cucumbers as I had a vision of a plate full of cucumber noodles. Sadly, this did not work for me so I ended up grating them. Perhaps it was the type of cucumbers that I used as they were smaller than the long English ones.
Thai Cucumber Salad
You may not want to use all of the salad dressing as the cucumber has a high water content and you will end up with a bowl swimming in dressing. You could store the dressing in a jar and keep in the fridge for a couple of days if there is anything left over. Serve the salad immediately once made as it needs to be fresh and will not sit well.
- 4 Cucumbers peeled & deseeded
- 2 Jalapeno peppers deseeded & chopped
- 2 tablespoons Erythritol or sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup (60ml) white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (4g) Fresh coriander finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (30g) Peanuts chopped for garnish
- Either grate the cucumber or put it through a spiralizer.
- Mix all the salad dressing ingredients together.
- Pour the salad dressing over the cucumber and mix well.
- Scatter the peanuts over the salad dish and serve immediately.
- Eat and enjoy!
Nutrition per serving: 155 Calories, 9g Fat; 7g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 9g Net Carb
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun! https://www.facebook.com/DivaliciousRecipes