A keto zucchini soup with the addition of a strong Stilton cheese makes a creamy soup for winter when your taste buds need a lift.
I love making soups as they are so easy to make! Even the Chief Taster can cope with making a soup too! If he can make this, anyone can! Easy and delicious! What more could you ask for! The result is a delicious creamy zucchini soup with a tang of Stilton!
Making keto zucchini soup
Stilton soup is normally associate with broccoli, but I thought I would try something else and had a bunch of zucchini in my fridge, and thought "well, they are green so therefore a substitute for broccoli". They give the soup a lovely creamy consistency and went very well with the Stilton.
More low carb soups
Zucchini & Stilton Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium onion peeled & chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled & chopped
- 1 lb zucchini cut into chunks
- 750 ml vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 2 oz Stilton cheese crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan on a low heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, until tender.
- Add the zucchini and cook for a further 7 minutes, stirring to ensure they do not go brown, but cook evenly.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 7 minutes until the zucchini are tender.
- Add the Stilton cheese, salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Blend in either a processor or with a hand blender.
- Eat, slurp and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.