Stilton soup is normally associate with broccoli, but I thought I would try something else and had a bunch of zucchini (courgettes) in my fridge, and thought “well, they are green so therefore a substitute for broccoli…hee hee..” and they give the soup a lovely creamy consistency. They actually went very well with the Stilton and I really enjoyed the soup. Something for the cold evenings or to just surprise people with “guess what is in this soup”!
I love making soups as they are so easy to make! Even the Chief Taster can cope with making a soup too! If he can make this, anyone can! Easy and delicious! What more could you ask for! The result is a delicious creamy soup with a joyous tang of Stilton! mmmmm!
1lb zucchini (courgettes)
750ml vegetable stock
1 onion, peeled and sliced
1 clove garlic, peeled and sliced
50g Stilton cheese
2 tblspn coconut oil (or oil of your choice)
salt and pepper
- Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan on a low heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, until tender.
- Add the courgettes and cook for a further 7 minutes, stirring to ensure they do not go brown, but cook evenly.
- Add the vegetable stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 7 minutes until the zucchini (courgettes) are tender
- Add the stilton and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Blend in either a processor or with a hand blender.
- Season to taste.
- Eat, slurp and enjoy!