This quick salmon recipe makes an easy and healthy meal. It’s a low carb recipe you could make at a moment’s notice too.
The walnut topping is combined with Parmesan and lemon to make a paste for the salmon fillets. You could add herbs to this mixture for your own taste.
Although I used salmon fillets with no skin (the husband’s request) you could happily use fillets with the skin on. It’s your own personal taste.
This salmon walnut recipe is low in carbs but high in fat and protein. It’s almost a perfect low carb high fat dish. Both the salmon and walnuts are brimming with omega 3 fats, antioxidants and vitamins. Eating just four walnuts a day has been shown to significantly raise blood levels of heart-healthy ALA and walnut consumption supports healthful cholesterol levels.
So when you want a quick and easy dish, reach for this salmon walnut recipe!
Walnut Crusted Salmon
- 4 Salmon fillets
- ½ Cup (58g) Walnuts
- ¼ Cup (25g) Parmesan grated
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Rind
- 1 Teaspoon Olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Place the salmon on a greased baking dish (or line it with parchment paper).
- Pulse the walnuts in a grinder until finely ground.
- Mix the walnuts with the Parmesan, lemon and oil and stir to form a paste.
- Spoon the walnut mixture over the salmon fillets and press down gently to form a crust.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.