My determination to use the turnip instead of the potato continues. I made a batch of “fries” with turnips and was rather pleased with the results. They are a much healthier alternative to the deep fried potato!
My chief taster said he preferred them without the cheese. After looking blankly at him as I could not understand the phrase “no cheese” I have conceeded that it can be optional. You can play around with the seasoning too, perhaps some cayenne pepper or chilli would be yummy.
- 3 large turnips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 220C/425F degrees F.
- Peel the turnips and cut into long chunky French fry sticks.
- Place into a bowl and toss with the oil and spices to coat. Add the cheese if being used. Ensure the turnips are coated well.
- Lay onto a roasting tin and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!