Stuffed spaghetti squash is a great healthy comfort food and so easy to make too! A versatile and healthy dish perfect for a cold day.
One of my favourite recipes is a creamy spinach and artichoke dip and I thought I would incorporate it with a baked spaghetti squash. It makes a delicious filling and goes so well with the sweetness of the squash.
This is a very filling dish and could happily be shared by 4 people. Or two very, very hungry people. I’ve found that I eat half of a shell, then devour the remaining half the next day. It’s a “return later” dish. You could serve this as a side dish to share too.
Did you know that technically spaghetti squash is a fruit? Botanically, a fruit bears seeds and develops from a flower. Live and learn!
I love the simplicity of this stuffed squash and you could prepare this ahead of serving too. Just bake it when you are ready to eat! Perhaps add a few ingredients to this filling too. Maybe chopped bacon or shredded chicken to the spinach artichoke filling.
Simply slice, bake, stuff and bake again! It doesn’t get easier than this!
SOME OF MY OTHER SPAGHETTI SQUASH RECIPES
WATCH THE VIDEO
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled & chopped
- 4 ounces Cream cheese softened
- 1 Cup Spinach cooked
- 6 ounces Artichokes chopped
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F degrees
- Take the spaghetti squash and with a sharp knife cut it in half.
- Remove the seeds and place onto a parchment lined baking tray with the cut side facing down.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Allow to slightly cool enough to handle, then remove the spaghetti noodles from the flesh with a fork. Set aside
- In a bowl, mix the garlic, spinach, cream cheese, artichokes and Parmesan cheese together. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add the spaghetti squash noodles and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon the mixture into the spaghetti squash shells.
- Sprinkle the grated mozzarella over the filling.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes