This keto strawberry tiramisu is a simple dessert that is perfect for summer. Layers of low carb sponge cake, strawberries and mascarpone makes a creamy dessert you will love.
If you are looking for an easy strawberry low carb dessert, then give this a try. We love tiramisu and what’s not to love about it? Layers of cream and sponge with great strong flavours. I’ve made tiramisu versions of cupcake and cheesecake, but this time have created a summer version with strawberries.
I feel that I am a bit fast and loose with calling this a strawberry tiramisu as there’s no alcohol or coffee in it. I did ponder upon called this a trifle as it’s layers of strawberries, sponge and cream. I prefer a tiramisu over a trifle, so tiramisu it is!
This strawberry tiramisu is better the next day. The cream and layers set, and the flavours develop. I made the fatal error of going out for “shenigans” with my friends and leaving the half eaten strawberry tiramisu with the Chief Taster for the night. I never saw it again. He says he gave it a good home.
- I used coconut flour for the sponge layer, but you could use almond flour instead. Use 2 cups of almond flour for the sponge recipe in place of the coconut flour.
- The tin for the sponge was an 8inch square brownie baking tin. Any shaped cake tin will do as you are going to cut it after it is baked.
- Rather than assemble the tiramisu in a serving dish, how about individual glasses?
- Adding alcohol is up to you. I haven’t in this strawberry tiramisu recipe, but a sprinkle of white rum would not be a bad choice.
- Try this with a low carb chocolate cake for a delicious twist
HOW TO MAKE A STRAWBERRY TIRAMISU
I do have a confession about this recipe. When I first made it, I accidentally used ricotta instead of mascarpone. There was a tub of each in the same drawer in the fridge. I was probably talking to one of the cats or dogs as I reached in for the tub and never checked it. It tasted okay, I never told the Chief Taster and he scoffed it happily. I found it better the next day though. Feel free to give it a try!
TRY THESE OTHER STRAWBERRY RECIPES:
Keto Strawberry Tiramisu
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon erythritol
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup butter, unsalted softened
- ½ cup erythritol
- 4 eggs separated
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup cream, whipping
- 2 tablespoons erythritol, ground
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- Chop the strawberries into small pieces and place in a saucepan.
- Add the lemon juice, erythritol and water and cook for 5 minutes on a medium heat until the strawberries are slightly soft. Add more water if the mixture becomes too dry.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/350F degrees
- Line a 8-inch square baking tin with parchment paper
- Whisk the butter with the erythritol until creamy
- Add the egg yolks and vanilla and continue to whisk.
- Add the coconut flour, salt and baking powder and mix well.
- Add the water if the mixture is too stiff.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold in the egg whites and mix until combined
- Spoon into the tin, evenly smooth out the cake mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the sponge is golden and firm.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Beat the mascarpone and cream together.
- Add the erythritol and vanilla. Continue to beat until smooth.
- Layer the strawberry sauce on the bottom of a baking dish
- Cut the sponge into fingers
- Lay the sponge fingers on top of the strawberry sauce
- Cover with a layer of the cream
- Place the sliced strawberries on top of the cream
- Repeat until the dish is filled.
- End with a layer of cream topped with strawberries.
- Chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
Any nutritional analysis on the website is based on an estimate, calculated by http://nutritiondata.self.com from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
What is the total carbs, not net. I do not track my carbs by net rather by total. This looks delicious and would love to try and share!
The total carbs are 10g.
Beautiful yummy made it for my diabetic daughter- in law who is pregnant and its Easter
Oh my goodness, made this on the weekend sooooo yummy.
Thank you for this wonderful recipe.
Have a Happy and Safe Christmas and New Year.
Thank you! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!
Mind blowing AMAZING!!!
NOOOOoooooo for real THANK YOU!!!! I have made this twice in less than 3 weeks it's that good!!! I took it to a church gathering and they loved it (didn't tell em till later it was low-carb!lol) I WILL MAKE THIS SO MUCH!!!
You have made my day brighter with your lovely review! Thank you and happy you enjoyed it. Am flattered it's a regular item in your kitchen!
Thank you so much for this recipe. This tastes excellent, and everyone who ate it really liked it even though it wasn’t made with processed ingredients which they are all used to eating. I was worried I was making it wrong because I was confused by the layering directions. If you feel like editing you could say place 1/2 of the sauce in the bottom of the serving dish, then layer 1/2 of the sponge fingers on top. Cover with half the cream layer etc. Or maybe it’s supposed to be layered three times. I don’t know. Two layers worked for me. Also, I didn’t see the rum suggestion until it was too late. That sounds great, and I’ll add it next time. Maybe you could put it in the ingredient list with the sauce and put (optional) by it. Thanks again! And I’m jealous that you live in St. Lucia. Sounds amazing.
Thank you for your suggestions. I'll put the rum up top as it's the best bit! Glad you enjoyed it!
Can the sponge be made with a low-carb sweetener other than erythritol? My husband is intolerant; even tiny amounts cause digestive distress. I'm sure I can work around the sauce, but I'm not confident in my ability to substitute on the cake.
Yes it can. Any low carb sweetener will be fine.
You use heavy whipping cream correct?
Sara yael Ruiz Cortes
can i build this as a birthay cake instead. Will it fall apart int he fridge for the next day?
You might need some careful layering. Perhaps assemble it in a springform tin and leave overnight?
Hi I’m in the process of making this recipe, I’ve followed all instructions carefully for the vanilla sponge and I just wanted to know if my cake batter is suppose to appear slightly grainy in texture? I added water to the mixture as it was stiff.
I am new with the Keto diet and I can't get use to the taste of almond flour what can I do???
How about coconut flour?
This looks delicious. Just curious about the amount of strawberries. It says 1 cup strawberries, chopped. By that, do you mean measure whole strawberries to a cup and then chop that amount? Or do you mean 1 cup of chopped strawberries. Same for the sliced? It seems that the amounts would be quite a bit different depending on how you read and process it. Just want to make sure I get the carbs correct. Thank you for a wonderful recipe that I can't wait to try!
The cup is of sliced strawberries. I slice/chop then measure them first.
You mention to use 2 cups of almond flour for the sponge recipe in place of 1/2 cup coconut flour. Is this a correct amount?
Yes as coconut flour only needs a smaller amount.
Oh My YES!! I can't wait to try this, perfect for strawberry season! Thank you for this recipe 🙂
Hope you enjoy it!