This keto strawberry tiramisu is a simple dessert that is perfect for summer. Layers of low carb sponge cake, strawberries and mascarpone makes a creamy dessert you will love.
If you are looking for an easy strawberry low carb dessert, then give this a try. We love tiramisu and what’s not to love about it? Layers of cream and sponge with great strong flavours. I’ve made tiramisu versions of cupcake and cheesecake, but this time have created a summer version with strawberries.
I feel that I am a bit fast and loose with calling this a strawberry tiramisu as there’s no alcohol or coffee in it. I did ponder upon called this a trifle as it’s layers of strawberries, sponge and cream. I prefer a tiramisu over a trifle, so tiramisu it is!
This strawberry tiramisu is better the next day. The cream and layers set, and the flavours develop. I made the fatal error of going out for “shenigans” with my friends and leaving the half eaten strawberry tiramisu with the Chief Taster for the night. I never saw it again. He says he gave it a good home.
- I used coconut flour for the sponge layer, but you could use almond flour instead. Use 2 cups of almond flour for the sponge recipe in place of the coconut flour.
- The tin for the sponge was an 8inch square brownie baking tin. Any shaped cake tin will do as you are going to cut it after it is baked.
- Rather than assemble the tiramisu in a serving dish, how about individual glasses?
- Adding alcohol is up to you. I haven’t in this strawberry tiramisu recipe, but a sprinkle of white rum would not be a bad choice.
- Try this with a low carb chocolate cake for a delicious twist
HOW TO MAKE A STRAWBERRY TIRAMISU
I do have a confession about this recipe. When I first made it, I accidentally used ricotta instead of mascarpone. There was a tub of each in the same drawer in the fridge. I was probably talking to one of the cats or dogs as I reached in for the tub and never checked it. It tasted okay, I never told the Chief Taster and he scoffed it happily. I found it better the next day though. Feel free to give it a try!
TRY THESE OTHER STRAWBERRY RECIPES:
Keto Strawberry Tiramisu
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon erythritol
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup cream, whipping
- 2 tablespoons erythritol, ground
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- Chop the strawberries into small pieces and place in a saucepan.
- Add the lemon juice, erythritol and water and cook for 5 minutes on a medium heat until the strawberries are slightly soft. Add more water if the mixture becomes too dry.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/350F degrees
- Line a 8-inch square baking tin with parchment paper
- Whisk the butter with the erythritol until creamy
- Add the egg yolks and vanilla and continue to whisk.
- Add the coconut flour, salt and baking powder and mix well.
- Add the water if the mixture is too stiff.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold in the egg whites and mix until combined
- Spoon into the tin, evenly smooth out the cake mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the sponge is golden and firm.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Beat the mascarpone and cream together.
- Add the erythritol and vanilla. Continue to beat until smooth.
- Layer the strawberry sauce on the bottom of a baking dish
- Cut the sponge into fingers
- Lay the sponge fingers on top of the strawberry sauce
- Cover with a layer of the cream
- Place the sliced strawberries on top of the cream
- Repeat until the dish is filled.
- End with a layer of cream topped with strawberries.
- Chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
Any nutritional analysis on the website is based on an estimate, calculated by http://nutritiondata.self.com from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.