This keto spinach strawberry salad recipe has avocado and goats cheese for extra flavour and texture. It is hearty enough to enjoy as a main salad or makes a colourful side salad.
This keto spinach salad flavour is a mixture of sweet and creamy but not too sickly as the onion and dressing adds a slight sharp flavour.
Low carb spinach strawberry salad
Salads do not have to be completed and this is a delicious simple salad with just a handful of ingredients
- Baby Spinach (you could use arugula instead)
- Strawberries - they must be fresh
- Avocado - ripe and soft
- Goat cheese - I use a soft goat's cheese but a harder one, sliced is just as nice.
- Red onion - very thin slices to give the salad an extra bite.
I love how pretty the salad looked in the bowl. The colours of red and green were temping and the smell of the strawberries and goat's cheese invites you in for a serving. Food should look appealing to the eye, as well as the stomach. Apart from chocolate. That just looks good in it's dark natural state!
More low carb salads to enjoy
Spinach Strawberry Salad
- 1 cup strawberries cut in half
- 1 avocado peeled, stone removed and cut into chunks
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 4 oz goats cheese crumbled or cut into pieces
- ¼ small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk gently to combine.
- In a medium salad bowl add the spinach, strawberries, avocado, onion slices and goats cheese.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss.
- Serve immediately
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.