This chia seed pudding recipe is a creamy delight with strawberries and coconut milk. A delicious start to any day or enjoy as a dessert
I normally use almond milk in my Chia puddings, but this time tried coconut milk. It was lovely and creamy. A great version of strawberries and cream for breakfast! Or a dessert. I often have chia puddings for breakfast but this can make a lovely dessert option too.
Chia seeds are gluten and grain free but one tablespoon of the little seeds has more calcium than a glass of milk. More Omega 3 than salmon and more antioxidants than blueberries! They give you energy and are also great for weight loss as they absorb about 12 times their size in liquid. So will expand and keep you full as well as being nutritious. They also keep your blood sugar levels at a sensible level. They are one of the most versatile superfoods.
The best thing about Chia puddings is that you throw the ingredients in a jar, shake them to mix, leave in the fridge overnight and voila! An easy breakfast. Or dessert. Or midday treat.
Other Chia Puddings
Strawberry Coconut Chia Pudding
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup coconut milk canned
- 1/4 cup strawberries chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Stevia or low carb sweetener
- Place all ingredients into a jar with a lid (or any Tupperware with a lid).
- Shake well until mixed.
- Check the sweetness and adjust for personal taste
- Place in the fridge and leave overnight. (or at least 4 hours)
- Eat and enjoy!