Spicy peanut cauliflower bites make a delicious low carb and gluten free appetiser or snack.
I see a lot of cauliflower “wings” recipes which slightly disturb me as a vegetarian and a love for cauliflower. I guess this is because the sauce used is similar to chicken wing dishes? I would rather call them cauliflower bites then wings.
I have used this sauce on chicken too (breast strips, not wings) for the Chief Taster which he enjoyed. You could take this sauce and cook it on any part of the chicken or a vegetable you wanted. Call it a wing if you wish! *shudders*. I loved these and would label them as a snack or starter since there is a tendency to scoff the whole plate in one go (might be just us though..)!
Feel free to play around with the spices..some hotter chilli powder would be a great addition if you like the heat. Just beware, that these spicy peanut cauliflower bites are highly addictive and it is very hard to only eat a couple.
WATCH THE VIDEO
Spicy Peanut Cauliflower Bites
- 1 Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons Peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons Coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Tamari sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F degrees
- Mix all the ingredients (except the cauliflower) in a bowl until smooth.
- Add the cauliflower florets and stir to get a covering of the sauce all over them.
- Place on a baking tray and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy