These low carb red velvet cookies are a variation of the classic red velvet cake recipe. In other words, they are chocolate cookies with red food colouring.
Baked with almond flour, these red velvet cookies are deliciously firm once they are cooled. I found that they were better the next day after spending the night in the fridge. They firmed up and were cookies with a bit of a bite as well as all the red velvet flavouring.
I found them a bit too addictive for my own good and every time I opened the fridge door a cookie fell into my mouth. I was in and out of the fridge all day long. Purely for research purposes of course.
- When rolling out the cookies, wear gloves to stop your hands becoming stained with the red colour of the cookie mixture.
- Feel free to add low sugar chocolate chip cookies too. I tried a batch and they were delicious but they chocolate chips did not stand out against the red cookie mixture.
Other Red Velvet Recipes You May Enjoy
Red Velvet Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted & softened
- 1/2 cup erythritol low carb sweetener
- 1 medium egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon red food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and erythritol until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat.
- Add the almond flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt and mix together until smooth
- Add the red food colouring and mix until the colour is blended and smooth. Add more colouring if you want a darker colour.
- Either with your hands or a cookie scoop, roll 15 balls of the cookie mixture.
- Place them onto the trays and slightly flatten them.
- Bake for 20- 25 minutes until firm.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon