I've started playing around with Chia seeds and found a few jam recipes so thought I would try one with raspberries as they hide the seed appearance of Chia well. I was happy with how this turned out and it so simple compared to "normal" jam making and a lot less sugar...a lot less. Diabetics rejoice in the jam! The Chia seeds form the perfect gel to make a jelly like jam. Jam in under 10 minutes! I used a dash of Stevia to sweeten this but feel free to add your own sugar substitute. I would recommend you taste the jam before adding the sugar though, just to ascertain if you want any sweetner as the fruit is fairly sweet enough on it's own.
Keep this in the refrigerator for a week. Feel free to use other fruit....go crazy with the experimentation in the kitchen!
Raspberry Chia Jam
- 1 cup raspberries fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon monkfruit/erythritol sweetener
- Heat the raspberries and the water in a saucepan on a medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and stir.
- Remove from the heat and add the chia seeds, stirring until the seeds have begun to gel.
- Add the low carb sweetener to taste.
- Transfer to a glass jar and cool.
Any nutritional analysis on the website is based on an estimate, calculated by http://nutritiondata.self.com from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information