A blueberry chia jam that is quick to make and a healthier option. The chia seeds thicken to give almost a “jam” texture and the berry fruit being naturally sweet.
With only 4 ingredients this blueberry chia jam could not be any easier to make. Gone are days of stirring hot fruit and sugar for hours waiting for it to thicken. As well as being a nutritional powerhouse the chia seeds help thicken the jam in record speed.
The blueberry chia jam will keep for at least 2 weeks in the fridge, ready to slather on bread, cakes or with a pancake. Or with some whipped coconut cream and chopped nuts. Any time is jam time and if it is sugar free than more for everyone!
- 1 cup (148g) Blueberries
- 2 tablespoons Chia seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Cup water
- 2 tablespoons low carb sweetener
- Place the bluerberries, low carb sweetener, lemon juice and water in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes until the berries are softened.
- Remove from the heat and add the chia seeds. Stir thoroughly.
- Allow to cool and then transfer to a jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Store in the fridge.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: $10.99