A crustless pumpkin pie could also be called a baked custard but I am going to be fast and loose with the definition of pie! You could use this as a filling for a gluten free pie with a crust too if you wished.
The Mascarpone adds a richness and smoothness to the dish. It’s easy to make and is just delicious warm, with a side of cream. There is just something about the combination of pumpkin and the warm spices that I adore.
I used a baking dish, purely as I do not have a large pie dish. I think it would look nicer in a pie dish though. Feel free to play around with the spices and add more of your favourite pumpkin flavourings!
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup erythritol (or sweetner alternative of your choice)
1 tub marscapone
1 tspn lemon juice
1 tspn ginger
1/2 tspn vanilla essence
1/2 tspn nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 190C/350 degrees.
- Beat the pumpkin puree and erythritol with an electric mixer. Mix well.
- Add the eggs and blend.
- Add the spices, vanilla essence and lemon juice and blend.
- Finally, add the mascarpone and blend until smooth.
- Pour into an oven dish and bake for 55 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!
Serves 4 – 6