Pumpkin cream cheese cookies are another version of my cream cheese cookie recipe. Baked with coconut flour, these cookies are soft and delicious.
I’ve been thinking of playing around with my cream cheese cookie recipe and since pumpkin spices are in the stores, it seems rude not to try a pumpkin version. I didn’t add an egg to this cookie mixture as per my original one since the pumpkin was going to be enough moisture.
These pumpkin cream cheese cookies are soft and chewy. If you are looking for a cookie with a crunch, these are not it. They did not harden after being in the fridge overnight as much as I thought that they might. However, they are the best thing I have had in my mouth for quite a while.
As with all pumpkin recipes the kitchen smelt divine when they were baking. The smell of the pumpkin spices makes you want to bake all day. Or nip out and purchase a pumpkin spice candle.
I’ve baked 3 batches of these pumpkin cream cheese cookies so far and have been taunting the Chief Taster with photos of them. He is currently in our new home so is on temporary leave from his tasting duties. If only you could send a smell down a fibre cable! Each batch has been as delicious as the last.
If you baked them longer would they harden? I don’t think so as the pumpkin keeps them soft and moist. It would be interesting to try this pumpkin cream cheese cookie recipe with almond flour. I suspect they would be softer.
WATCH THE VIDEO
I found these pumpkin cream cheese cookies to be very filling. At only 1g net carb each I was tempted to gorge myself on a plateful but just could not manage more than a couple at time. Which is probably a good thing since I baked 3 batches. That would have been rather shameful to confess to!
Reach for that pumpkin spice mix, switch the oven on and get baking a batch of these delicious pumpkin cream cheese cookies.
More low carb cookie recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cookies
- ½ cup (56g) Coconut flour
- 3 oz (84g) Cream cheese softened
- ½ cup (112g) Pumpkin puree
- ½ cup (113g) Butter, unsalted softened
- ½ cup (107g) Xylitol/Erythritol
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons Pumpkin Spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk the butter and erythritol (or sugar substitute of choice).
- Add the cream cheese, vanilla extra and pumpkin and whisk until smooth.
- Add the coconut flour, pumpkin spices and salt and beat until combined. The mixture will be sticky.
- Wet your hands and take a ball of the dough.
- Place on the baking tray and repeat for the rest of the dough.
- Gently press down on the dough balls, either with a spoon or your hands.
- Use a fork to make a pattern.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden.