These low carb peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are quick and easy to make. Flourless and gluten free they are a great keto cookie.
With just a few ingredients, you can enjoy a batch of cookies. Once cooled, the cookies are slightly crunch with a soft centre. The chocolate chips are an added extra for lovers of peanut butter and chocolate.
Is peanut butter keto friendly?
Technically a legume, the peanut makes a good low carb ingredient. At under 4g net carbs per 100g serving you can enjoy peanut butter as a snack or as an ingredient.
Peanut butter can contain added sugar so always check the label.
How to make low carb peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
For the peanut butter we have used smooth but crunchy could be used. Try to use 100% peanut butter with no added sugar.
As the peanut butter has natural oils, there is no need for any butter or oils for these rich cookies.
The chocolate chips are an added bonus but can be omitted. This would also make the cookies dairy free unless you are using a vegan or pure chocolate bar.
- Peanut butter - smooth or crunchy
- Egg - room temperature
- Low carb sweetener - we used monkfruit and also have tried this with brown monkfruit which added an extra flavour.
- Chocolate chips - Use a high cocoa solid chocolate chip.
- Baking soda
Can you freeze these cookies?
If you want to freeze a batch of these cookies, store them in an airtight container or ziplock bag. They will last up to 3 months.
Layer them with parchment paper in between each cookie when freezing to stop them sticking. Thaw the cookies at room temperature.
You can make your own peanut butter by grinding peanuts in a food processor.
Do not overbake as they may burn on the bottom. They will harden once cool so be more cautious with the cooking time as ovens can vary.
They are better the next day when the harden. Store them in the fridge in a sealed container. They should last about 5 days.
Add warm spices to the cookies like cinnamon or pumpkin spice.
If you want to make ice cream cookie sandwiches, these are the perfect cookie to use.
More low carb peanut butter treats
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
This recipe was originally published in May 2014. The photos and content have been updated but the recipe remains the same.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- In a medium bowl add the peanut butter and beat with the monkfruit.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, salt and baking soda. Mix until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Spoon large tablespoon pieces onto a greased baking sheet, flattening into cookie shapes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and firm.