This pizza frittata recipe combines my love of pizza and frittata. Two of my favourite dishes together! Perfect for low carb and gluten free diets!
This is a frittata that can be made with any pizza toppings that you prefer. Here, I just simply used onions and peppers but feel free to throw in meat, mushrooms and other veggies. It's a pizza, it's a frittata, it's a yummy dish!
Pizza frittata is a great recipe for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. Anytime is frittata time and any time is pizza time too! It's a recipe that transcends time and defers meal planning. Okay, that's getting a bit carried away but it's a simple recipe to make.
If you choose different fillings, you will need to adjust the carb count. Perhaps replace the onion with spring onions and the olives with some form of meat. I usually like jalapeno peppers on mine, but since I was sharing this with the Chief Taster I used olives instead.
By the way, the photo below is deliberate. As I was moving the plates around I saw the PacMan shape and couldn't resist. I chuckled to myself as the cats just looked on and tutted. I need to get out this week and talk to a human.
- 1 onion peeled and sliced
- 1/2 Red pepper sliced
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 6 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1/2 cup Marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese grated
- 8 black olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and saute the onion and peppers for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further minute. Add the oregano and stir well.
- Beat the eggs well and pour into the frying pan. Gently cook until the bottom of the frittata is firm.
- Place the frying pan in an oven at 200C/400F degrees and bake for 10 minutes until the top of the eggs are firm.
- Remove from the oven, spoon the Marinara sauce on top and then cover with Mozzarella cheese and top with olives.
- Place under a grill under the cheese has melted and is bubbling (or simple place back in the oven).