If you are a fan of peanut butter cups and cheesecake then these are the perfect chocolate covered bites for you. They are easy to make and nestle nicely in the freezer until you have a hankering for something sweet. Or you wake up and decide that they would make a nice breakfast along with your herbal tea. But that might just be me. The Chief Taster and me haggled fiercely over the last one. Tears, begging, bargaining, sobbing and bribery did him no good...
You could make these into balls by using a melon baller or your hands, but I decided to use an ice tray as I wanted a squared shape to make it easier to dip and cover the bites with chocolate. Plus it had the advantage of being able to pop the shapes out too. Any mould shape would work too. I dipped mine in chocolate but you could have these without it if you wanted (although I'd ask "why??").
WATCH THE VIDEO
More no bake desserts
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Peanut Butter Bites
- 1/2 cup (125g) Peanut butter unsweetened
- 1 8oz (225g) Cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup (28g) Erythritol
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g Dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Blend the peanut butter, erythritol, cream cheese and vanilla essence together. I used a hand blender but a sturdy arm and a wooden spoon would do it.
- Press a large teaspoon of the mixture into an ice tray or alternative, make a ball. If you make a ball shape, place them on a piece of parchment paper.
- Pop the ice tray/balls on parchment paper into the freezer for about an hour until they firm up.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water (bain marie) and add the coconut oil. Stir until melted and cool slightly.
- Take the peanut bites out of the freezer and dip each bite into the chocolate mixture and place on a tray lined with parchment paper. You may want to double dip the pieces in the chocolate.
- Place back into the freezer for at least 30 minutes until the chocolate has hardened. Keep stored in the freezer until you are ready to eat them.
- Eat and enjoy!