Orange extract is normally used in baking or in cocktails. As it contains alcohol it is not for sale in the supermarkets in Dubai. However, never fear, you can make it yourself at home! It could not be easier. Crisis averted, cocktails may continue..!
½ cup vodka
- Zest the orange.
- Add the vodka and water into a glass jar and add the orange zest.
- Put the jar lid on and shake.
- Allow the mixture to steep for at least 3 days.
- Place a cheesecloth or coffee filter over another jar and pour the extract out to remove the zest.
- Store the extract in a sealed jar, use and enjoy!