This no churn ice cream has all the flavours of a classic Mexican cocktail making this a great ice cream treat for adults.
I have made the margarita ice cream recipe from Nigella Lawson a low carb ice cream by using a low carb sweetener and orange extract. This is an easy recipe to make as it does not require an ice cream maker but is just as smooth and creamy.
How to make a Margarita Ice Cream
Make sure you use a good quality heavy cream. In the UK I would use cream called double cream. This is thicker than whipping cream and in some countries is called thickened cream. If all fails use whipping cream.
To make this margarita ice cream it is as simple as mixing the ingredients and whipping the cream. Chill until firm and eat. The tequila helps ice crystals from forming and makes a creamy ice cream for adults.
Other Ice Cream Recipes To Enjoy
Margarita Ice Cream
- 125 ml lime juice
- 2 tablespoons limes, zest
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 3 tablespoons orange extract
- 1 cup erythritol, powdered
- 500 ml double cream or heavy cream
- Pour the lime juice, orange extract and tequila into a bowl and add the powdered erthyritol. Mix well until blended.
- Add the cream and lime zest and whip until firm.
- Spoon into an airtight container and put in the freezer for at least 4 hours or ideally overnight.
- Scoop, eat and enjoy!