This easy low carb asparagus recipe is perfect for a Spring brunch. A simple mixture of asparagus and hard boiled eggs with a refreshing dressing.
This mimosa is not the liquid kind but still makes a great addition to brunch. It can be served as a salad, side dish or breakfast dish. Asparagus mimosa is a French dish that traditionally pushes the boiled eggs through a sieve. For this recipe we finely chop them
Is asparagus keto?
Asparagus is a great low carb vegetable with just 1.8g net carbohydrates per 100g serving. As well as being low in carbs, asparagus is also high in fiber, folate and potassium.
Low Carb Asparagus Mimosa Ingredients
All you need for this delicious spring dish are a few simple ingredients.
When selecting the asparagus, ensure that the stalks are bright green and firm.
How to make low carb asparagus mimosa recipe
- Blanche the asparagus in boiling water.
- Place the asparagus in iced water.
- Remove the yolks from the boiled eggs.
- Chop the egg whites and yolks.
- Mix the dressing ingredients
- Layer the asparagus on a plate, top with eggs and dressing.
More Low Carb Asparagus Recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
- 12 stalks asparagus
- 3 large hard boiled eggs
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chives chopped
- Trim the ends from the asparagus spears.
- Place the spears in a large saucepan of boiling water and blanch for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the asparagus spears and place them in a bowl of iced water to stop the cooking process. Dry them and set aside.
- Cut the hard boiled eggs in half and remove the yolks from the whites.
- Finely chop the egg whites and egg yolks.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Toss the asparagus in half of the dressing and place the stalks on a plate.
- Top with the chopped eggs and drizzle the remaining dressing over the salad.
- Serve with chopped chives on top.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.