This lemon curd ice cream is deliciously soft and creamy. If you like lemon curd and also can’t pass up a bowl of ice cream, this will be the perfect dessert for you. Especially as it is sugar free.
Have you ever wanted to just take a spoon to a jar of lemon curd (or perhaps you have) then this is as good as that! But in ice cream form! It’s a bowl of the perfect summer. Made with my sugar free lemon curd keeping it low in carbs and no sugar. Although I made this in my ice cream maker, I think that this would work as a no churn ice cream too.
I made this lemon curd ice cream without any vodka and it worked fine with no ice crystals. I normally put a shot of vodka in my ice cream (when making it, not as I am eating it, although that’s an idea) but I was out of vodka. Yes, you at the back, stop clutching your pearls. It does occasionally happen. I wasn’t going to buy a large bottle just to make some ice cream. However, now as I type this I realise that I have seen little miniature bottles for sale in my local shop. Next time perhaps.
Lemon Curd Ice Cream
The Chief Taster fell onto this like a hungry tiger on a wounded gazelle. He declared it the creamiest ice cream I have made. Unfortunately for me I had to go away for a couple of days and left the tub of lemon curd ice cream unattended in the freezer. Nothing was left by the time I got back. I have only got myself to blame and it’s another excuse to make a batch of lemon curd again!
Lemon Curd Ice Cream
- 2 Cups (240g) Cream - heavy/whipping
- 1 Cup (226g) Coconut Milk
- ½ Cup Erythritol
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 ½ Cups Lemon Curd See my sugar free recipe
- 1 Lemon Juice & grated rind
- Pour the cream and coconut milk in a saucepan on a medium heat. Do not let it boil.
- As the cream is heating, whisk the eggs and erythritol together.
- Remove the cream from the heat and gently pour into the egg mixture. Whisk until combined.
- Add the lemon juice and rind and stir until combined.
- Pour this mixture back into the saucepan on a medium heat and whisk for 5 to 10 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken slightly.
- Remove from the heat and add the lemon curd. Stir thoroughly.
- Allow to cool or place in the fridge for faster cooling.
- Pour into the canister of an ice-cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s directions.
Nutritional Info per serving – 565 Calories, 53g Fat, 16g Protein, 8g Net Carbs