This keto coconut milk ice cream is easy to make and no ice cream machine required. Just 3 ingredients are used for a creamy ice cream that makes a great summer low carb treat.
Not only is this ice cream keto, dairy free and vegan, it's also no churn. No ice cream maker is needed for this recipe but it is as creamy as a churned one too!
How to make keto ice cream out of coconut milk
Grab those tins of coconut milk, as we are going to make creamy ice cream with it. This recipe is so simple, you will start storing your tinned coconut milk in the fridge from now!
I used coconut milk from a can, but you could use coconut cream too. I am keeping this recipe very simple as you can use this as a base like a vanilla ice cream and add other ingredients to flavour it as you want. Or simply enjoy the coconut deliciousness of this on its own.
What you need to make this
Just 3 ingredients for a bowl of creamy keto vegan ice cream!
- Coconut milk (tinned)
- Allulose - This is my favourite low carb sweetener for ice cream as it does not crystalize once frozen. Any other low carb sweetener can be used, but I would recommend that it's powdered.
- Vanilla extract
Whisk the 3 ingredients in a bowl then freeze. It's that simple!
My top tip with this is to make it on the morning that you want to eat it. You will need to whisk the mixture every 30-40 minutes until frozen which will take about 4-5 hours. I cannot emphasis the importance of stirring/whisking the mixture regularly. It stops ice crystals forming and keeps the ice cream creamy.
More Keto Ice Cream Recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Coconut Milk Ice Cream
- 26 oz coconut milk 2 13oz tins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup allulose or other low carb sweetener
- Put the cans of the coconut milk in the fridge overnight.
- Take the coconut milk cans out of the fridge and tip over vertically on the opposite end it was stored (this will allow you to pour off the liquid part of the coconut milk leaving only the milk fat).
- Pour the liquid out of the can in one bowl, and in another scrape the thick cream left behind (this is what you use for the ice cream).
- Place the thick coconut cream in a bowl, add the vanilla essence and allulose and whisk until blended.
- Pour the mixture into an airtight container. Place in the freezer.
- Check every hour and give the ice cream a stir to distribute the ice crystals evenly.
- Allow to slightly thaw before serving
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.